Allies In Caring, Inc.
Allies In Caring is a multicultural non-for profit organization dedicated to helping underserved individuals, who have emotional and behavioral problems, move toward recovery, health and greater independence through counseling, education and community support.
Services we provide:
Our services include:
- Initial clinical assessment
- Bio-psychosocial evaluation
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Preventive therapy
- Group therapy
Our counselors specialize in the following evidence-based models:
- Systems Centered Therapy (SCT)
- Mindfulness Based Interventions: ACT, MBCT, DBT
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Deaf and hard of hearing children, youth and their families
- Children and youth of immigrants and their families
- Children diagnosed with developmental disabilities and mental health or behavioral health disorders
Living in all New Jersey counties.
Highlights Of Our Services:
- We are the only agency in the state with the structure and professionals necessary to provide in-home/community clinical support for deaf and hard of hearing children, youth and their parents/caregivers/guardians.
- Our team includes Licensed Therapists, Master's Level Therapists, Behavioral Assistants and Mentors independent contractors, who have an intimate understanding of the experiences and needs of culturally and linguistically diverse children; particularly children with hearing loss and children of immigrants.
- We are able to communicate effectively with deaf and hard of hearing individuals whose primary language is Sign Language.
- We are able to communicate effectively with families whose primary language is Spanish
- We are particularly skilled at working with immigrants or children of immigrants. Our professionals understand the stressors that immigrants experience and use effective interventions that not only address the mental and emotional needs of these groups, but help the families develop coping strategies and mastery of their environment; we assist them in learning how systems work, where to get assistance, and how to access resources, as well as how to balance the parents' cultural expectations with the American culture within which the children are growing up.