We are a free education center that is working our way to self-sustainability. We work to give our students opportunity to grow into future humanitarians of Cambodia who can help to make this beautiful country and world a better place. We offer free Khmer, math and English classes regularly. We have volunteers and workshops that add trade skill training, extracurricular activities, hygiene and environmental education and awareness for our youth.
Our goal is to raise the quality of life of our students and their families. We aim to truly help and get to know each of our students and help them become all they can be by helping them develop each of their individual talents. We do this knowing of the trauma that this country has recently endured and wanting to be a force for healing and empowerment for the poor rural families in our village and surrounding villages.
We have future plans of microfinancing, small loans and fundraising efforts that are dedicated to our highest achieving students receiving higher education and small business loans for philanthropic and environmental causes.
Our school and other buildings on our property are built from recycled materials and the sustainability aspect of this project is very important to us. We will further develop our project with teaching locals about building with waste materials and spreading awareness about the importance of disposing of waste properly and reusing, refusing, recycling and reducing plastic.
Our school is built on a farm that is growing moringa, turmeric, aloe vera, eucalyptus and lemongrass that we are using to develop a health, wellness and beauty line that will eventually fund our projects and teacher salaries. We are also developing our sustainability through up-cyling and recycling glass bottles from town (which are currently headed to the landfill or in the river). We are cutting the glass with our solar powered glass cutting machines in order to make and sell drinking glasses, ash trays and lamp shades.
Our ultimate goal is for all parties associated with our project is for them to be mutually beneficial. We believe everyone has something special to offer our world and we established a place where individuals from all walks of life to come, better themselves and better the world around them. By creating a free education center in rural Cambodia, our focus is on educating the impoverished youth, raising social, economic & environmental awareness, and empowering our students to create a better world.
The Goal of The Red Road Foundation:
1. To give free education in a sustainable manner, where the products we produce and sell will compensate the needs of the school and continue to provide free education and jobs.
2. To empower and educate our students to join our efforts of making Cambodia and the world around us a better place by raising awareness/advocating for human right’s justice, environmental impact and health/hygiene practices.
3. To give all kids in the area the opportunity to be educated.
4. To impact the lives of our volunteers from the Western world, who are plagued with never having enough, to re-learn about the simple pleasures of life and the importance of sharing our gifts and talents in order to achieve lasting happiness and fulfillment in their daily lives.
Meaning of Logo:
The Red Road is a spiritual teaching that represents a virtuous path of living. Inspired by Native American spiritual beliefs, the red road represents “walking in balance.” It is a way of doing with reverence – of walking strong yet softly toward truth, peace, and harmony. It is the awareness of how we effect the world around us. The heart with a pathway to the center is a metaphor for living with integrity and walking the road to truth, peace and harmony for the betterment of our world.
1. Become a self-sustaining project by making enough money every month to fully sustain and gradually improve our project with opportunities to support our students financially to receive higher education.
2. To educate our students to the point where they can competently hold jobs that are of service to the betterment of our world and/or create philanthropic businesses that will support their families and the needs of our communities.
3. To educate about recycling, creating sustainability in day to day life, trash disposal, environmental awareness, hygiene and basic knowledge of current affairs and human rights in order to raise the quality of life for everyone.
We are a free education center that is working our way to self-sustainability. We work to give our students opportunity to grow into future humanitarians of Cambodia who can help to make this beautiful country and world a better place. We…