San Diego Earth Day
San Diego EarthWorks is a network of volunteers in service for a healthy, prosperous and sustainable future for all living things.
San Diego EarthWorks embraces participation that increases awareness, encourages leadership and inspires action toward a healthy, prosperous and sustainable future for all living things.
What we do is:
- Produce the EarthFair, an annual forum for environmental education, awareness and celebration.
- Bring together community, environmental and government leaders to discuss issues of mutual concern.
- Facilitate business involvement that creates environmentally responsible action that develops a prosperous, ecologically sound economy.
- Provide ways for individuals to actively participate in the preservation and restoration of their environment.
- Educate the public about ecological concerns by organizing events, making presentations and publishing information.
- Work with and support other local, national and international ecological groups.
- Enroll volunteers and members, request contributions and sponsorships.
- Celebrate life on Earth!
The foundation of our work is the pervasive interest in and concern for our environment and quality-of-life, expressed by the American public in general and specifically by the citizens of San Diego. People want clean water, clean air, healthy food and robust natural environments. They want to support individuals, organizations and politicians that further these goals. They want to do the right thing -- and they question what the right thing is.
Standing on this foundation, our goal is to support public involvement through education and action. Our seminal annual event, the EarthFair, brings together the concerned public with organizations that have some of the answers -- our exhibitors. EarthFair is the largest free annula environmental fair and Earth Day celebration in the world.
EarthWorks is fundamentally a volunteer organization. Volunteering is the highest form of public service. Our events are conceived, planned and executed by volunteers. We wouldn't have it any other way.