Maria Jose Crusellas Foundation

  • Sparta



420 Stanhope Road
420 Stanhope Road
United States

About Us

My name is Stefan Calvaruso and I am speaking on behalf of the Maria Jose Crusellas Foundation. Maria Jose was my fiancé who three days before our wedding died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. I was heartbroken. Instead of getting married on Valentine’s Day I went to my fiancés funeral. Our foundation’s purpose is to spread carbon monoxide awareness as well as donate/install carbon monoxide detectors both domestically and internationally.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a global epidemic that claims thousands of lives every year. It is an odorless and colorless gas that can only be detected with a CO detector. According to a survey done by the American Lung Association only 37% of US homeowners have a carbon monoxide detector in their home. One carbon monoxide detector can save an entire family. Maria had her whole life ahead of her. She was an amazing person and the love of my life. No one should feel the pain I felt.