What We Do:
Kishé provides access to high-quality and sustainably harvested Guatemalan products. Our first and current product is certified Organic, Fair Trade, and Kosher Coffee from the western highlands of Guatemala. We are also planning to begin a most sweet of operations in the coming months: honey!
Who We Are:
We are a U.S. based social enterprise, organized as a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in the state of California. We are owned in part by Guatemalan small-scale farmers, comprising twelve cooperatives organized under one federation.
Kishé is determined
- to consolidate an Alternative Distribution Model, in which all involved from our farmer partners to our local distributors can prosper and live with dignity
- to heal both communities and individuals through the unique collaboration found in business
- to encourage community building both domestically (in the US) and abroad; and
- to foster long-term relationships between ethical consumers and smallholder farmers.
We believe that these goals are both pressing and pertinent in Guatemala (where many indigenous communities are recovering from a 36 year civil war) as well as in a large diverse city like Los Angeles, where tensions between diverse groups often discourage living together in harmony.
- The Healing Power of Collaboration at the Grassroots Level
- Environmental Stewardship
- Our Mesoamerican Heritage
- Community Building
- Self-Reliance and the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Living with Dignity and Self-Worth