Lotus Counseling of Connecticut is a reputable and fast-growing group practice in Watertown, CT. We are a unique setting, offering all of the flexibility and compensation of a private practice setting with the interdisciplinary approach and team support available in a more traditional agency setting. We’re deeply committed to healing individual, group, and systemic-level trauma, ending violence, and creating a culture in which every person can bring their whole selves to their work. We’re seeking eating disorder therapists with shared values who are committed to their clinical growth and development, and invested in a new way of working.
Here are some important things to know about us:
- We are committed to social justice, fighting systemic oppression and injustices, and healing trauma and eating disorders through compassionate and conscientious care.
- Our team practices from intersectional, liberatory and healing justice frameworks. We are committed to dismantling the medical industrial complex while providing clinically competent healing services. We work within the system as needed to ensure our clients’ needs are met, but are most interested in finding alternate ways of working.
- Our team practices Health At Every Size as an ethical comprehensive treatment model which is utilized both in clinical practice and as part of staff culture. This is something we believe supports body liberation and the eradication of fatphobia.
- We also believe in Intuitive Eating as part of both our clinical treatment of eating disorders and as the cornerstone of conversations around food regardless of diagnosis.
- We believe that everyone brings unique skills to the world based on their lived experiences, and that individuals who have experienced systemic oppression have critical knowledge to transform society and healing practices. We’re looking to build a team with a wide range of experiences to help us do this work, and are actively seeking to hire people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and those living with different abilities on our team. .
- We are continually learning and growing, and are constantly seeking to understand the role of race, class, gender, socioeconomic status, ability status, and privilege in our lives, our work, and in the lives of our clients We’re committed to building a diverse team of professionals interested in continual self-reflection and growth.