BriarPatch Co-op exists so that owners, customers, and other members of our community have:
1. A successful and vibrant cooperatively-owned business that acts as a leader among local businesses and food co-ops nationally, and contributes to environmental stewardship through its business practices.
2. Access to high quality, healthy products, especially local and organic food.
3. A community center where people experience a sense of connectedness, ownership and fellowship.
4. A stronger local food system.
5. A major employer that provides a healthy, fair, and considerate workplace for employees.6. Access to education about food and consumer issues that encourages customers to make healthier food choices.