- New Jersey
Our mission at Makerhoods is to help low to moderate income makers and microentrepreneurs increase their take-home income and become self-sufficient.
To reach our goal, we focus on:
- Developing affordable work/live spaces to lower the break-even point of the business, eliminate the daily commute, and foster community.
- Providing business development services aimed at revenue growth and access to markets to drive building profitable business models.
- Harnessing the power of social networks to help our Makers learn, grow, and find new opportunities faster.
- Incorporating existing and emerging technology to help the littlest of businesses compete in today’s marketplace.
- Working in industry clusters to spark collaboration, accelerate peer learning, and develop meaningful connections.
- Advocating for cities to adopt zoning that allows for light manufacturing in residential areas to support employee-oriented development.