Welcome fellow Idealists! Here is a list of links that kept us thinking and buzzing this week.
- The Daily Muse challenges the overnight success story and gives three reasons why you should take them with a grain of salt.
- Fast Company argues innovation is the most crucial factor to continuous success. But can innovation be measured?
- If your long list of work tasks turn into competing preoccupations, it might be time to consider switching from multitasking to monotasking. Here are six tips for getting things done without losing your mind.
- Enjoy a good story? The five beats of a successful story can help you land your next job. 99U explains how:
"For example, let’s say you’re a business major-turned-illustrator who’s jumped from finance to freelance and is now seeking an in-house position. When the interviewer asks about your work history, you’ll want to convey how your background is relevant, your excellent work ethic, and your passion for the position. The five beats can help you hit your mark AND keep your audience engaged."
- How can you build a career that’s worth having? Nathaniel Koloc offers some advice for building a career you’ll enjoy for a lifetime.
- Shawn Achor explains why being happy at work will lead you to working better.