Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Roger Wright, author of Finding Work When There are No Jobs, outlines five strategies for job seekers as they search.
- Several career development experts shared their advice on how to make the most of your self-evaluations with the Harvard Business Review.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy hosted an online chat about how to show donors that your programs are working. Read the transcript online.
- The Nonprofit Finance Fund found that many nonprofits are struggling financially in its annual State of the Sector survey. The full survey resultsare available online.
- Get some advice from Jackie Norris, executive director of the Points of Light Corporate Institute and an expert in corporate volunteerism, about how to connect best with corporate sponsors.
- Here’s the story of Carrie Collins-Fadell, who, after her 35th birthday, decided to spend more than a year volunteering at 35 different nonprofits in 13 different states.
- Forbes’ latest CFO Insights features Andre Alexander, who was recently named the CFO of nonprofit Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) and was previously the CFO for the Special Olympics. In a video and print interview, Alexander talks about the challenges of hiring good talent, trust in nonprofit organizations, and finances in the nonprofit sector.