Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Dorie Clark, author of Reinventing You, gives some advice on taking control of your personal brand in this video on the Harvard Business Review.
- Here’s a video that’s a bit fluffier. Literally. Watch as volunteers fly puppiesto new cities where they will be adopted.
- Getting more involved with social media can often seem like a daunting challenge for nonprofit organizations strapped for time and resources. Beth Kanter gives her secrets for adoption.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy hosted an online chat about making the most of “giving days,” the one-off, 24-hour events encouraging the public to get involved with organizations.
- If you’re interested in learning more about President Obama’s proposed 2014 budget and how it would affect nonprofits, here is an in-depth article analyzing the proposal.