Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies
Third Plateau is a multi-disciplinary, social impact strategy
firm. We partner with people and organizations with game-changing ideas to
improve the world, and we help them do it bigger, better, and faster. Our work
is driven by five key principles:
· We only work with the best. True innovation and meaningful change are difficult to achieve; we work with the organizations that we believe are inspired by and capable of meeting those challenges.
· Big ideas and creative problem solving excite us. We are at our best when we are formulating, thinking through, and executing new ideas and approaches.
· Knowledge is absolutely essential to effective innovation. We are intensely curious and are voracious consumers of information and ideas from a variety of disciplines.
· Metrics, monitoring, and evaluation are cornerstones of effective programming. We cannot meaningfully strive for change without a clear definition of “success” and the strategy and means by which to track impact.
· Relationships and networks are how change happens. Relationship development is at the core of our work and we are very intentional about how we curate networks for maximum social impact.
We work in three main ways:
Social Venture Strategists: We partner with social entrepreneurs, nonprofits, public entities, and mission-driven organizations around the world on business planning, community engagement, metrics development, strategic planning, development strategy, impact evaluation, and board development. We also partner with funders to provide capacity-building support to their grantees.
Philanthropic Advisors: We advise individual donors, foundations, and companies on making their philanthropic giving more meaningful, strategic, and impactful; and we help funders think more expansively about their potential social impact.
Thought Leaders: We write, speak, build networks, and convene programs, aimed at dramatically advancing the work of the social sector.