HOPE FOUNDATION CAMEROON
Hope Foundation is a Cameroonian and German non-profit and non-governmental organization. It was founded by a group of young, dynamic and committed individuals in 2001, with the primary goal of promoting community development and alleviating poverty in rural and impoverished areas of Cameroon. A number of awareness and cultural projects are also carried out within Germany.
The Foundation is primarily involved in humanitarian activities aimed at improving the standards of living for underprivileged Cameroonians. Its aid projects span across various fields including education, health, water and sanitation, child care, human rights, the environment, women's empowerment and providing assistance to discriminated and disadvantaged community groups.
Our Vision: To alleviate poverty and educate in order to engage and empower disadvantaged communities in Cameroon.
Our Mission: Hope Foundation addresses poverty, health and welfare issues in rural areas of Africa by providing a range of diverse services that:
- ensure people are educated on basic health-care, family planning, immunization and vaccination, sanitation and sex education
- promote human rights while enhancing community leadership and civic responsibilities
- support orphans, people with disabilities and street children with food, clothing, education and shelter
- develop food security and implement modern agricultural methods
- organize volunteer work camps where local and international recruits engage in community projects
Construction Volunteer - Rising Education (Bertoua, Cameroon) (Volunteer Opportunity)