A+ Education Partnership
The A+ Education Partnership works for great schools for every child - and a bright future for Alabama. A+ is a nonprofit organization that advances policies, programs and initiatives in Alabama's K-12 education system that result in high achievement by every child. In 1999, A+ created the Alabama Best Practices Center (ABPC) to increase the presence and availability of effective staff development in Alabama. The two organizations continue to work closely, with A+ promoting effective policies and ABPC conducting professional development programs for teachers and administrators. In 2008, A+ established A+ College Ready, a new operating division dedicated to improving student achievement in math, science and English. A+CR was the recipient of a $13.2 million grant from the National Math and Science Initiative(NMSI) to establish the Advanced Placement Training and Incentive Program (APTIP) a proven program that provides students and teachers with the tools, resources and support needed to achieve academic excellence.
- All children deserve an excellent education, regardless of where they live.
- All students can succeed in school with effective teaching and support.
- We must make sure more money is spent on what we know improves learning, and we must invest more in our public schools.
- Effective public education is necessary for a democratic, prosperous and civil society, and it is the responsibility of every citizen.
- All children need support and guidance from caring adults in their families, at schools and in their communities.
- Thriving communities ensure that their schools prepare all students for work, college and citizenship.
- High-performing schools for every child are within our reach. We know what works, and when we act on what we know, both teachers and students excel. Principals, teachers and communities must summon the will to do what works.