RYSE creates safe spaces grounded in social justice that build youth power for young people to love, learn, educate, heal and transform lives and communities.
Programming at RYSE is anchored in the belief that young people have the lived knowledge and expertise to identify, prioritize, and direct the programs, activities, and services necessary to benefit their well being.
RYSE supports the healthy development of young people through a holistic approach that engages participants in programs and services grounded in the principles of youth leadership and social justice. RYSE’s approach is strength-based and resilience building.
At RYSE, young people participate in the following program areas:
RYSE provides programming both on-site at our facility and off-site in the community. Off-site work includes collaborations with the West Contra Costa County School District, including individual schools and other community agencies that support our youth members and broaden the services that we provide to our youth members.
- We envision Richmond as a strong, safe, healthy, united community where youth have the opportunity to lead, to dream, and to love.
- We envision a community that inspires youth to live with pride and purpose, where the sounds of gunshots have been replaced by the sounds of organizing, song, collaboration, laughter, and learning.
- We envision a movement led by young people that ensures dignity for youth, their families, and communities.
- We envision youth and adults working together in partnership to hold all public systems and the private sector accountable to serving the community and not exploiting its people.
- We envision communities where equity is the norm and violence is neither desired nor required, creating a strong foundation for future generations to thrive.
- Safety: The RYSE Community commits to safety so all young people feel comfortable and confident being themselves while broadening their horizons.
- Youth Leadership: The RYSE Community values young people as creative, powerful, and responsible community leaders.
- Justice and Equity: The RYSE Community promotes justice and disrupts injustice in our communities.
- Partnership: The RYSE Community embraces mutual trust and partnership between and among youth and adults, and believes in learning and making decisions together.
- Creativity: The RYSE Community fosters imagination, creativity, and innovation.
- Fun: The RYSE Community has fun and celebrates together.
Do you work for RYSE Center? Become an administrator