Our Organization ,
Ogiek Cultural Initiatives Programs, is a non-profit NGO, Registered in Kenya.
The Mission is to Promote, Protect Rights, Empower and build capacity of
Indigenous peoples through Education, Environmental conservation, human rights
training and research. What we do:
1. Promotion of ideas, Techniques and initiatives on income generating
activities, Cultural preservation, and sound Environmental management.
2. Promotion of gender and human rights issues.
3. Awareness and Advocacy on HIV/AIDS maternal health Care and related
Advocacy through workshops, Conference and other forums where
interests of indigenous and Minority peoples are Defended and supported.
4. Networking and information sharing between the indigenous peoples of Africa
and other indigenous communities worldwide through electronic and print media.
5. Promotion of Advancement of indigenous Journalist by training them to cover
and highlight the plight of indigenous and minority communities.