The Mission of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation is as follows:
- To SUPPORT patient care,
- To PROMOTE physician and patient education, and
- To ENCOURAGE research aimed at the control and cure of
hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa.
The Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation, Inc. (HSF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation dedicated to improving the quality of life and quality of care for individuals and families affected by Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). The HSF fosters and encourages worldwide research by developing and supporting an interdisciplinary family of scientists and physicians devoted to studying the molecular and cellular basis of HS, in order to develop and deliver more effective forms of treatment and preventative measures for those with this common, debilitating, and eminently chronic disease.
This will be accomplished by fostering and encouraging worldwide collaboration through the following activities:
- Support and sustain an international and interdisciplinary family of scientists and physicians devoted to HS research and to developing more effective forms of diagnosis, therapy and prevention.
- Maintain a comprehensive and educational website for researchers, doctors, patients, and the friends and families of affected patients.
- Maintain a professionally organized virtual HS library/scientific database.
- Maintain a Physician Action Network to assist doctors, patients and their families find doctors experienced in treating HS.
- Host International HSF Symposia to forge new and productive international research.
- Offer grants and fellowships to encourage “the best and the brightest” to devote their energies and creativity to HS research.
- Provide International HS Research Awards to recognize new investigators and others for their outstanding achievements in Hidradenitis Suppurativa research.
- Support the development of a global HS Patient Registry.
- Encourage and support the establishment of global Clinical Centers of Excellence for HS.
- Actively raise the profile and understanding of HS through global media, educational campaigns, governments and industry.
These goals are achieved through the dedication and commitment of the voluntary members of the HSF Board of Directors and Medical & Scientific Advisory Board, and through essential private and public support.