Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Want to know what hiring managers look for in employees and how nonprofits are doing in this economy? Check out the Idealist 2013 Voices from the Sector report.
- With more MBA students showing an interest in nonprofit careers, universities and organizations are responding.
- If you’re interested in educational causes, there was an online chat this week focusing on Wisconsin and the education issues in the state.
- There’s a great conversation happening on our LinkedIn Group about turning a volunteer opportunity into a paying position.
- Here’s some career and business advice for making coffee meetingsproductive for everyone involved.
Watch and listen to these:
- She’s the First Founder and President Tammy Tibbetts is featured in this video from the LinkedIn group Connect: Professional Women’s Network, Powered by Citi discussing her career path and inspiration.
- Beth Kanter showcases a recent presentation, including a slideshow, on Content Curation for Nonprofits.
- Here’s an interview with Maya Angelou on courage and creativity with the Harvard Business Review.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy interviews Geoff Mulgan, chief executive of Britain’s National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts, about partnerships and organizations working together for social change.