Sexual Assault Treatment Center of Milwaukee
945 North 12th Street
Call us 24 hours a day at 414-219-5555
The Sexual Assault Treatment Center of Greater Milwaukee offers safe and caring services to survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse and sexual assault. Many clients are seen soon after the assault, while others may contact us days, weeks even years later.
SATC can be accessed in person or by phone, 24 hours a day. We offer a safe and caring environment in which survivors can begin the healing and recovery process.
Our nursing, social work and advocate staff provides immediate services, including for those with special needs such as the elderly, persons with mental health issues or those with cognitive, sensory or physical disabilities.
- Crisis intervention and emotional support
- Medical assessment and treatment
- Emotional support and counseling
- Medical and legal evidence collection(at the discretion of the nurse)
- Pregnancy risk assessment, as appropriate
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, as appropriate
- Discharge teaching and resource information
- Liaison services with Sensitive Crimes, District Attorney's Office, Department of Human Services.
- Short-term counseling by Master's level social workers
- Follow-up telephone contact by social workers to provide emotional support, review test results and assist with counseling referrals or other needs
- Referrals to agencies that provide services for people with special needs