Sustainable Business Institute
The SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS INSTITUTE (SBI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to bringing about increased understanding of, and commitment to, the concept of sustainability within business and communities worldwide. SBI was founded in 1994 by business leaders who recognize sustainability as one strategic driver for enhanced competitiveness and profitability. SBI continues to serve today's most influential decision-makers, corporate executives and future leaders with conferences, seminars, media and education initiatives and user group programs.
Our mission is to benefit the public through outreach initiatives that encourage business leaders to identify, create, implement and communicate economically viable sustainability practices.
SBI is currently seeking the support of volunteers and interns to work in maintaining and developing our current initiatives. Current volunteers include former and current business leaders, community participants, interested individuals, and university students. Volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in initiating, implementing and communicating equitable worldwide sustainability practices to global business leaders and their organizations. Our mission is to benefit the public through outreach initiatives that encourage business leaders to identify, create, implement and communicate economically viable sustainability practices.
Our major activities include:
- SBI Seal of Sustainability
- SBI CEO Forums on Sustainable Business (five previous conferences)
- Media Outreach through national network TV shows and documentaries on sustainable business. Cronkite Productions and Public Broadcasting System (PBS) have participated in the first of a series.
- Future Leaders projects with business executives
- Sustainable Business User Groups