The ALS Association - DC/MD/VA Chapter
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit voluntary health organization whose sole mission is to improve living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and to find a cure for ALS.
The mission will be accomplished by:
· Addressing the needs of ALS patients and the ALS community.
· Advocating for public policy in support of ALS research and ALS-related health care issues.
· Promoting awareness and understanding of ALS.
· Encouraging, identifying, funding and monitoring worldwide ALS research.
· Developing, securing and managing resources necessary to grow and support the programs of the ALS Association.
General Overview of Organization
The DC/MD/VA Chapter (one of dozens of affiliates in the United States and Canada) was organized in 1991 and is coordinated by a dedicated volunteer board. It is the prime resource for patient services in DC, Maryland and Virginia. The foundation of its work is a dynamic commitment to the ALSA principles of "Hope Through Research and Support Through Caring." All contributions to the DC/MD/VA Chapter, a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The tax ID number is 52-1749047.
The Chapter is a participating organization in the Combined Federal Campaign through its association with the Community Health Charities. Funds are shared with ALSA, the parent organization, to support patients and community programs as well as neurological research into the causes and possible cures of ALS.
Administrative Assistant (Job)