La Scuola Italian International School
La Scuola is a unique school in San Francisco offering Italian Immersion and Reggio Emilia-inspired learning at the preschool level and an Italian Immersion, inquiry-based curriculum in K-8. We are very excited that La Scuola is now a candidate school for the Primary Years Programme. We are pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy — a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that La Scuola believes is important for our students.
At La Scuola we firmly believe that children are competent, creative and curious. At La Scuola, children are the protagonists of their own journey towards learning which encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, cooperation and autonomy.
We aim to nourish their love of learning by providing a rigorous curriculum that will allow them to explore their world and experience the warmth and beauty of Italian cultural immersion.
In our 12th year as a preschool and our 3rd year as an elementary
school, we are excited to grow one grade per year. We hope you will
share our enthusiasm when you get to know our school, our programs and
our vibrant community.
- Italian Language and Cultural Immersion
- Reggio Emilia-Inspired Approach
- Rigorous inquiry-based curriculum.
- La Scuola is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Programme.
A strong parent community is integral to the success of our school and to the quality of education.
- Many nationalities represent and reflect the diversity found within San Francisco with respect to family composition and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Some La Scuola families are Italian citizens or Italian in heritage, while others are simply enthusiasts of Italy and Italian culture.
- Certain families choose La Scuola for its focus on language and cultural immersion, and the Reggio Emilia-inspired educational approach.