Ecological Society of America Office of Education & Diversity Programs
ESA's Office of Eduation and Diversity Programs works to develop and implement education programs that will increase diversity in the field of ecology and to improve the quality of ecology education.
Current programs include
(1) its award-winning Strategies for Ecology Education, Diversity and Sustainability (SEEDS) program which nurtures minority undergraduate students along the ecology career pathway
(2) EcoEd Digital Library (EcoEdDL) - an online database of peer-reviewed teaching resources for ecology courses - a leading partner in the Life Discovery Ed Digital Library (under development)
(3) Life Discovery - Doing Science Education conference associated with the Life Discovery Ed Digital Library.
Current Projects include
(1) Digital Resource Discovery and Dynamic Learning Communities for a Changing Biology - a partnership to add mulitple user-oriented features to the EcoEdDL infrastructure that will form the basis for Life Discovery Ed Digital Library when complete
(2) Continental-scale Ecology Education – a series of pilot programs for faculty and college students interested in the Future of Environmental Decisions
(3) Earth Stewardship education - advancing transdisciplinary/interdiscplinary models of education grounded in solutions for a sustainable world
(4) Environmental Literacy for a Sustainable World Initiative - a Decadal Action plan