Boys & Girls Clubs of Garden Grove, Orange County, California
Mission: The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Garden Grove is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Vision: Our vision is to assure that the children and youth who attend our programs become competent adults, caring parents and responsible citizens.
In support of this, we are committed to:
- Offering safe, enriching activities with professional, caring adults in a positive environment
- Making achievement in school a priority and a reality
- Focusing on the development of the whole child through family
foundations and community partnershi
- 5 school-age Clubs on a year-round basis
- After-school programs on 46 Garden Grove Unified School District (GGUSD) campuses (located in the cities of Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fountain Valley and Stanton) during the school year
- The Truancy Reduction Center at Hare Continuation High School
- Family and Youth Outreach Program (individual and family counseling) at Garden Grove's Juvenile Justice Center
- Family Campus Preschool
- Parent education including nutrition and healthy living classes
- Readiness on the Road (school readiness) in Santa Ana
- ARCHES (Access to Resources for Children Health, Education and Support) family support services at Garden Grove's Children's Health and Dental Center
We also provide services for homeless students within GGUSD boundaries. The Be Great Academy provides free, small group academic tutoring to Garden Grove Unified School District-qualified students.
We outreach to families in need and provide services through established community trust, partnerships and by reducing barriers to receiving services (e.g., language, free transportation). During 2010, we served 12,000 residents of Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Stanton and Westminster. We continue to operate a fiscally sound organization. Our daily communication with close collaborative partnerships such as Garden Grove Unified School District, Garden Grove Police Department, Children and Families Commission of Orange County, CHOC, Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County and Southern California College of Optometry keeps us in tune with community needs and able to be responsive with new services.