Gill Community Technology Center
206 Maple St.
The Gill Community Technology Center was created by Holyoke Community College, to increase technology literacy in the community and support the education and workforce programming of the Picknelly Adult and Family Education Center. The center offers free or low cost basic computer and software classes in English and Spanish. It also provides open sessions for community members to use the computer lab for educational, professional, or personal uses.
Open Session Assistant
- Assist participants of open sessions with one on one computer needs.
- Monitor computer lab, ensuring participants sign in
- Present and go over orientation packet with new participants
- Deliver a pre-existing workshop to participants (such as Computer Basics)
- Design, develop and deliver new workshop based on needs of the community
- Work with Coordinator to develop new programming
- Recruit volunteers
- Provide marketing expertise/outreach efforts