The mission of the MAAEYC is to collaborate with families, educators and agencies to support high quality early education and care through professional development and advocacy.
Who We Are
Massachusetts Association for the Education of Young Children is an affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). NAEYC is the nation's largest and most influential organization of early childhood educators and others dedicated to improving the quality of programs for children from birth through age eight. MAAEYC also works with three regional chapters, Essex County, Worcester County and Cape Cod and the Islands to support high quality education and care for children.
Our members consist of Early Education and Care Professionals including; Center-based and Head Start Directors/Administrators, Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Family Child Care Educators, Public School Teachers, Faith-based Program Professionals, Early Intervention Staff, Higher Education Professors, Out- of-School-time Professionals, Parents, and anyone interested in quality education and care for children.
MAAEYC Leadership is composed of a Governing Board of Directors, including an Executive Committee made up of the following elected officers; President-Elect, President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, Eight At Large Directors representing all areas of the state, and active chapters representatives.
There are the following Board Committees that provide opportunities for members to become more engaged in MAAEYC activities:
• Finance • Professional • Technology Development • Public Policy
MAAYEC has the support of a part time Program Coordinator and is currently seeking the leadership of a full time Executive Director.
What We Do:
- Through NAEYC we provide our members with the following benefits; access to insurance plans, discounts on resources, subscription and professional development and conference fees, up to date developments in early childhood education, practice, and research.
- MAAEYC supports the professional development of the Early Education and Care workforce through; supporting accreditation and professional development by assisting in applying for and finding approved courses to meet CEU requirements and providing an approved 4.0 CEU distance learning Infant Toddler Course, as well as a yearly statewide conference.
- MAAEYC’s Executive Director sits on the MA Department of Early Education and Care Commissioner’s Advisory Council and builds and sustains partnerships and collaborations with state, regional and local early childhood stakeholders.
- Together we support the advocacy and public policy work of our members by; providing position statements to support national, state and local advocacy efforts, dissemination of NAYEC Public Policy Alerts and Advocacy Tool Kit, provide links to elected officials and state departments to support member advocacy and impact policy.
Do you work for MAAEYC? Become an administrator