The Satori Athletic Organization
Inspired by the challenges she and her daughter faced when navigating the athletic scholarship process, the Satori Athletic Organization (SAO) was founded by a sports mom in 2006. As a registered non–profit 501c3, SAO empowers high school athletes and their parents through recruitment education, workshops, academic advisement, and programming designed specifically for the aspiring athlete and sports parent.
Through its mission, SAO has undertaken activities that provide the following resources to student-athletes:
• Year-round seminars that engage students on topics that promote academic achievement, civic responsibility, and health awareness for the purpose of using athleticism as a spring board for leadership and individual development.
• One-on-one advisement on the NCAA Eligibility Center requirements to assist student athletes to better understand the requirements to qualify academically to participate in Division I and II college athletics.
• Access to online grade/credit recovery courses for student-athletes who may be at risk of being academically ineligible to participate in Division I and II college athletics.
• Eligibility planning and tracking support services for parents.
• The incorporation of community service opportunities and special events for young athletes.
SAO! Empowering Student-Athletes to Achieve!