Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire
The Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire is a membership organization that aims to infuse culture into every aspect of life in our region and to support the cultural needs of schools, arts and heritage organizations, artists, businesses, nonprofits, government and social-service agencies and individuals of all ages. All this work depends on partnerships.
Our services include:
• A monthly e-bulletin highlighting the programs offered by members around the region.
• Regional performing arts residencies — many of them with an emphasis on world cultures — using block-booking to bring outstanding artists to schools, out-of-school programs, senior centers, nursing homes, and community arts venues.
• Arts & Environment programs, including the annual White Mountain National Forest Artist Residency.
• Professional development programs, including our annual Write Now! conference and our Arts in Inclusive Learning series, in partnership with VSA NH, focusing on Universal Design for Learning.
• Arts & Health programs, including Experience/Arts programs for older adults, a partnership with Grafton County Senior Citizens Council.
• Consultation and collaboration on the development of Creative Economy, cultural tourism, community development and youth arts initiatives.
• Partnering on statewide efforts, including the NH Arts Learning Network, NH Creative Communities Network and the NH State Council on the Arts’ annual Education Partnership conference.
The Arts Alliance was incorporated 30 years ago as an unstaffed co-marketing organization for a group of professional arts presenters in the northern half of the state. In the mid-1990s the mission expanded to embrace the promotion of arts experiences for all residents and visitors to the region, and in 2000 AANNH hired staff and grew to include direct programming, with a strong focus on arts learning. We are proud of what we’ve accomplished, but know that there is a great deal more to be done, especially in the areas of technology, social media, brand development and capacity building.
To learn more about our region, click here.