Mission for Community Development (MCODE Uganda)
Jinja Rd, Buikwe town council building, Buikwe.
Mission for Community Development (MCODE) is an indigenous non-profit making, non partisan, non-governmental Organization registered under the Non-Governmental organizations Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in 2009 as number S5914/7928 and with Buikwe District Local Government as number BDC/CBO/767/2012. MCODE aims at collaborating with diverse partners (developing and implementing) on the design of sustainable rural health and development solutions through empowering, networking, advocacy, education support, provision of information, raising awareness among families, support and initiate innovative projects with a mission to save and improve lives of those in need with a priority on children and women.
MCODE was thus founded to help provide for formal school education, health promotion, clean drinking water, HIV prevention, care and support, fighting poverty, hygiene & sanitation and Vocational skills training.
MCODE’s mission is to empower individuals to improve their lives and promote community driven development in the rural areas of Uganda.
MCODE envisions rural communities where members are healthy and self sustaining.
Contribute to the improvement of the living conditions and uplift the standards of living of the rural poor and disadvantaged communities including women, people living with Hiv/Aids (PLWHAs), children, people with disability (PWDs) and the very poor people.
- To build capacity of orphans and their care-givers through technical trainings through support to orphans and other vulnerable children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS and poverty to enable them attain technical skills.
- To enhance the socio-economic status of families affected by poverty and HIV/AIDS through training and supporting them in soil and water conservation and farming techniques to improve on food production for nutrition and market, and support of sustainable Income Generating Projects targeting women and children
- To support and build the capacity of communities to be able to intervene in the fight against poverty, HIV/AIDS infection and other health problems such as sexual, reproductive and childhood health.
- Facilitate the rural communities to access basic health care and improve their hygiene and Sanitation environment.
- Enhance the efforts of the rural farmers to sustainably increase household food production and house hold incomes.
- Enhance the capacity of vulnerable rural poor communities to effectively engage in gainful socio – economic initiatives that will improve their standards of living/livelihoods.
Do you work for Mission for Community Development (MCODE Uganda)? Become an administrator