- Western Cape
At Roots, we create the perfect balance between meaningful work and valuable learning through internships at non-profits & social enterprises in Africa.
Roots Interns offers academic and practical internships at African non-profit organisations. Our mission is to create the perfect balance between meaningful work and valuable learning. That’s why we offer internships at NGOs and social enterprises that are adding valuable contributions towards community programs, conservation efforts, or local and green economies. We carefully match the right person with the right organisation to reach the most beneficial experience for everyone involved.
We offer opportunities in the following fields:
- Marketing, Communications, PR, & Fundraising
- Business Development
- Environmental Innovation & Management
- International Development
- Social Development & Human Rights
- Animal Welfare & Conservation
- Photography, Videography & Graphic Design
We provide the following structure and support for our interns:
- Clear job descriptions & learning outcomes
- Professional supervision & routine feedback sessions
- Logistical support network (airport transfers, accommodation, documents needed for a visa applications, support on the ground and 24/7 emergency support)
For this service a non refundable placement fee is charged of USD 550. This fee only needs to be paid after the application and selection process and upon acceptance of the internship by both host organization and student (thus after a successful placement). Accommodation, flights and visa costs are for own account of student.
NB. All internships with the non profit organizations are based on volunteer work placements.