The Washington State Department of Corrections manages all state–operated adult prisons and supervises adult offenders who live in the community. The Department operates 12 prison facilities including eight major prisons and four minimum-security prisons camps.
- Cultivate an environment of integrity and trust: Corrections values partnership and trust. We foster openness and support courageous conversations. We are committed to doing what we say we are going to do by being accountable and taking personal ownership in our actions.
- Respectful and inclusive interactions: Corrections appreciates and values individuals by promoting an inclusive and diverse environment, which encourages safety. We respect, value, and listen to the thoughts, feelings, and perspectives of our stakeholders and consider the impact on those we serve as well as each other.
- People's safety: Corrections believes in creating an environment that values physical, mental, and emotional security and well-being. We honor those who advance safety for all.
- Positivity in words and actions: At Corrections, we assume positive intentions and believe there is a shared desire for the best outcome. We consistently demonstrate positive behavior and always put forth our best effort.
- Supporting people's success: Corrections is committed to our community – understanding individuals, instilling hope, embracing change, and providing opportunities
Washington State Department of Corrections’ professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all incarcerated individuals can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.