University of Wisconsin-Madison, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
We build partnerships to synergize and sustain excellence in the interdisciplinary research, teaching, and service that make the University of Wisconsin-Madison a world leader in addressing environmental challenges.
We strive to create sustainable communities across complex institutional landscapes for enhancing the quality of life and the environment in Wisconsin and the world.
- Environmental Professional MS (Environmental Conservation, Environmental Observation and Informatics)
- Environment & Resources MS, PhD
- Water Resources Management MS
The Nelson Institute
- facilitates and promotes interdisciplinary scholarship that aims to understand and address societal problems related to environment and sustainability.
- values and is committed to a liberal arts and professional education, built on the premise that complex environmental issues can best be understood through familiarity with diverse perspectives, and integration of the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- values and is committed to fostering and sustaining community partnerships in education, research, and service at the local to international levels.
- acts as a catalyst and model for interdisciplinary collaboration on environmental initiatives across departments, schools, and colleges, and including governmental, private, and non-profit entities.