Virginia Cooperative Extension - Amelia
16360 Dunn Street, Ste 202
P.O. Box 229
The Amelia County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is Amelia County's connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of Amelia County improve their lives We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability. Our mission includes:
- Strengthen Virginia families, including those with limited resources, by assisting youth and adult participants in developing wellness life skills related to health, diet, and nutrition, exercise, family financial management, and parenting via classes, one-on-one mentoring, and public awareness campaigns.
- Develop youth and adults working with those youth to realize their full potential—becoming effective, contributing citizens through participation in research-based, informal, hands-on educational experiences.
- Help sustain the profitability of agricultural and forestry production and enhance and protect the quality of our land and water resources. Assist the agriculture industry in implementing the most current technology and management practices to develop strong businesses that prosper in today's economy.
- Strengthen the community’s economic viability by creating innovative programs that allow citizens and local governments to respond to local issues.
- Assess community needs, design a plan of action, and determine the appropriate delivery method suitable for various programs.
Do you work for Virginia Cooperative Extension - Amelia? Become an administrator