The mission of the Frederick County Health Department is to improve the health and well-being of the residents of Frederick County through programs to prevent disease and illness, promote wellness and safety and protect public health.
Frederick County leads as a community of health and wellness.
- Excellence - We strive to maintain the high quality of work as we continue to meet the standards by our accredited status.
- Integrity - We maintain consistency in what we say and what we do. We uphold ethical standards and maintain accountability to each other and the communities we serve.
- Making a Difference - We believe the department's actions should assist our communities in addressing underlying factors that affect good health.
- People - We value our employees as professional colleagues. We treat our customers, clients, partners, and those we serve with respect by listening, understanding, and responding to needs.
- Quality - We actively work to maintain and improve our culture of quality, seeking opportunities to improve our daily work and looking for creative solutions to the challenges that face us.