City and County of Denver, Office of the Independent Monitor
101 West Colfax Avenue
The City and County of Denver's Office of the Independent Monitor ("OIM") is seeking an accomplished professional to join its Policy Analysis Unit, which performs a wide range of policy analyses, research, and writing at the forefront of contemporary criminal justice reform initiatives. The OIM provides civilian oversight of the Denver Police Department ("DPD") and the Denver Sheriff Department ("DSD").
The OIM seeks to ensure accountability, effectiveness, and transparency in the DPD and DSD disciplinary processes by:
- Monitoring Internal Affairs investigations involving uniformed DPD and DSD personnel;
- Making recommendations on findings and discipline;
- Publicly reporting on patterns of complaints, findings, and discipline;
- Conducting evaluations of policies, practices, and training and making recommendations to the DPD and DSD; and
- Promoting alternative and innovative means for resolving police complaints, such as mediation.