NYC Health & Hospitals / Lincoln Medical Center
234 East 149th Street
The mission of the NYC Health & Hospitals/Lincoln Comprehensive Cancer Center is to aggressively prevent, diagnose, and treat patients with a diagnosis of cancer with cultural sensitivity, dignity and compassion regardless of ethnicity, nationality, religion, or ability to pay, in a safe environment.
The Cancer Center was first accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) in 2006 and subsequently re-accredited in 2009, 2012 and 2015 as a Community Hospital Cancer Program. The center received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the ACS Commission on Cancer in 2009 and 2012 recognizing the center’s strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients and demonstrating Commendation level of compliance in the eight cancer program standards. Only 18% of cancer programs surveyed nationwide received this award.
The research program at NYC-N&H/Lincoln Comprehensive Cancer Center was approved in September 2001.
The CCC Research Program aims to:
- Provide access to an expansive array of Phase II and III clinical trials, quality of life studies and pharmaceutical sponsored trials.
- Provide new and cutting edge cancer treatment for our patients.
- Reduce real or perceived barriers to minority participation in clinical trials.
- Provide cancer patients access to investigational treatment and therapies.
- Improve the quality of life of our patients.