Jobs for people. Profits for business. Innovation for growth.
Jobs for people. WorkForce Central puts job seekers on a path to employment by providing career guidance, preemployment workshops, training and educational support through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships.
Profits for business. WorkForce central is the single point of contact for Pierce County businesses, providing a customized approach to address their talent needs. With access to qualified and skilled employees, businesses are positioned to be globally competitive.
Innovation for growth. WorkForce Central develops and implements innovative training and business solutions to further the economic growth of Tacoma and Pierce County through strategic public and private partnerships that include government, education, business, labor, and community.
Role of WorkForce Central
- Implement Federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) legislation
- Identify workforce development issues, needs and skill gaps
- Convene partners from business, education, labor, government and the community to develop strategies to address those issues, needs and gaps
- Pursue funding and resources to support local workforce development strategies
- Deliver direct services as the single point of contact for businesses seeking talent while putting job seekers on a path to employment.
- Champion the critical need for additional investment in workforce development
Do you work for WorkForce Central? Become an administrator