Central Shenandoah Medical Reserve Corps
Seeking medical and support volunteers with a vested interest in addressing health needs in our communities.
After the unforeseen events of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and the unprecedented response from willing volunteers, the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) concept was established. The MRC is a national program with a local focus, offering medical and non-medical volunteers the opportunity to utilize their valuable skills and knowledge, to help protect the Public Health of our communities during an emergency. Furthermore, MRC volunteers assist with implementing the U.S. Office of Surgeon General Public Health Initiatives, such as health education, outreach and screenings to the community.
YOU can help make a difference in your community! We would like to invite you to join the Central Shenandoah Medical Reserve Corps. Benefits of volunteering for the Central Shenandoah Medical Reserve Corps include:
- Minimal time commitment and flexibility: volunteers determine how much time they would like to get involved.
- Liability coverage granted to all volunteers through the Virginia Department of Health
- FREE Trainings offered
- Engagement in public health
- Satisfaction of serving and protecting the health of your community.
To join the CSMRC we ONLY need three requirements:
- Complete a MRC application on the Virginia Volunteer Health System, via www.vamrc.org. OR You may request a hardcopy application. ALL VOLUNTEER INFORMATION IS SECURED ANDKEPT CONFIDENTIAL!
- Attend 1-2 hour orientation mandatory for VDH liability coverage.
- Provide credentials documents (e.g: driver's license, medical license and competency certifications
JOIN TODAY AND BE ONE OF MORE THAN 200,000 VOLUNTEERS NATIONWIDE HELPING TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITIES, ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME!