Central Shenandoah Valley Office on Youth
The Office on Youth (OOY) is a regional government organization committed to meeting the needs of youth and their families in the Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta County, Virginia area. The OOY is a government organization primarily by administrative association. The OOY receives government funds from three localities and exists as a department of the City of Waynesboro who is its fiscal agent and provides human resource services. Government funds account for only 40% of the OOY's operating budget. The remaining 60% of funds are government grants, local foundation grants, and contributions.
The OOY is a multi-service organization that serves youth and families. The OOY implements programming in:
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Youth Substance Abuse Prevention
- After-school programming on-site within identified high crime, high drug neighborhoods
- Juvenile Crime Control programming (i.e. electronic monitoring, mentoring, etc)
- Parenting classes primarily to families who are in crisis