Artisphere is a new breed of urban arts center that features four distinct performance venues, three visual art galleries, a 4,000 square foot ballroom, and a free Wi-Fi town square. With intimate co-located spaces and multiple programs occurring simultaneously, Artisphere was designed for people and art to collide. Its unique footprint encourages visitors coming for a familiar activity to try something new. With programming ranging from contemporary visual art, Shakespeare, late-night dance parties, and multi-cultural film fests to spoken word, chamber music, family programs and swing and salsa dancing—the wide array of offerings are as diverse as its audience. With unusually lengthy operating hours, free admission and event ticket prices averaging $15 (many events are free or pay-what-you-can), Artisphere presents the arts in a fresh and less formal environment. People of all ages can hang out and experience the arts early or late, at a reasonable price point and at their own convenience and pace.
Artisphere is open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 4:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday from 11:00am-11:00pm, and Sunday from 11:00am-6:00pm.
- 4,000 sq. ft. Terrace Gallery, plus two additional gallery spaces for visual arts
- 4,000 sq. ft. Ballroom (3,000 sq. ft. dance floor) for events, performances and weekly live music series
- 220-seat Dome Theatre for concerts, films and presentations
- 125-seat Black Box Theatre—currently hosting productions from WSC Avant Bard and UrbanArias.
- 387-seat Spectrum Theatre for concerts and events located just next door
- Free WiFi Town Hall
- Bar and concessions
- Two-story Video Wall screening experimental film and video installations
- Curated retail gallery of the Artisan Center of Virginia, the State’s officially designated fine craft organization
- Teatro de la Luna
- National Chamber Ensemble
- WSC Avant Bard
Do you work for Artisphere? Become an administrator