Posting is easy! Administrators just need to log in and click the “Post a Listing” button at the upper right of any page
Once you click "Post a Listing,” you'll be led through a short form to fill out details about your opportunity. Select the type of listing you're looking to post, then choose if you’d like to use our Applicant Tracker. As you continue the form, be sure to fill in all fields with asterisks – those are the required ones!
The form will guide you through the following sections:
1) The Basics
- Job Title*
- Job Functions
2) Job Details
- Work Schedule & Job Type
- Compensation & Benefits
- Remote options* (Onsite, Full-time Remote, Hybrid work schedule, Temporarily Remote)
4 ) How to Apply
- Applicant Tracker: Candidates apply through Idealist -OR-
- Include an Email or Website URL if you’d like candidates to send applications directly to your organization
Once you’ve filled in the required fields, you can Save a Draft (at which point you can come back at any time to finish) or Add to Cart if this is a Job or Internship. From there, select existing invoice information from the list, or scroll to the bottom and select "Add a New Invoice Address" where you can fill in new information. You'll then be taken to the cart where you can pay or use a Job or Internship Credit.
Volunteer+ listings (including volunteer opportunities, events, and more) are free to post, so you can skip the payment step for them! Just click Finish & Publish using the buttons at the bottom.
Check out our other articles to find out:
- What can I post?
- How do I view applicants for my listing?
- How do I repost listings?
- How do I edit or make changes to a listing?
- How do payments and invoices work?
- How much does it cost to post listings on your site?