Franciscan Community Volunteers
We are currently seeking volunteers for our upcoming volunteer year, August 14, 2017 through June 2018.
LET SERVICE CHANGE YOUR WORLD!!
Franciscan Community Volunteers (FCV) is designed for just that—a 10 1/2 month experience of intentional living, dedicated to serving those in need through works of charity, peacemaking, social justice and advocacy!
FCV's are young adults between the ages of 20-30 who wish to experience simple community living based on Franciscan and Gospel values. They have the opportunity to serve and grow in solidarity with the poor and help those most in need in the St. Cloud, MN area.
Volunteers work 36-40 hours a week at various service organizations including:
- Children and youth programming
- Domestic abuse programming
- HIV/AIDS education and prevention
- Multi-cultural programming
- Elderly therapeutic recreation
- Social service and mental health programming
- Homeless outreach
The three pillars of FCV include:
- unique opportunity for intentional community and reflection that lasts a lifetime
- experience with real world job skills as you serve those in need
- Live a simple life exploring the way of Franciscan Spirituality (ecumenical program)
The benefits of FCV are many:
- AMAZING work experience!
- Knowing that you are making a difference
- Leadership/management training skills
- Critical thinking skills and communication skills
- Team building and collaboration skills
- Personal awareness, self-care and boundaries skills
- Spiritual growth with reflections, retreat and workshops (need not be Catholic to be in FCV)
- room and board
- health insurance if needed
- Monthly stipend
- UP TO $5,000 EDUCATION AWARD UPON COMPLETION
Are you interested in a year of service, simple, community living, and a chance to explore spirituality? Then join us! We have various options for potential service sites and want to fit your interest and career goals.