Avalon Center works to end domestic and sexual violence by breaking the cycle of abuse through prevention, education, shelter and support services in the Williamsburg area.
Avalon Center envisions an aware community that works together to promote healthy relationships and to end domestic and sexual violence.
Our Guiding Principles
- We work to empower survivors.
- We provide research-based, best practices in our work.
- We have highly trained, trauma-informed staff that offers voluntary services.
- We make the most of available resources through careful stewardship of gifts and grants, and through collaboration and partnerships with other organizations.
- We are an example of excellence for other domestic and sexual violence programs in our state and nation.
- We provide services to all impacted individuals regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, creed, or religion.