Rebecca Clarke Society
The Rebecca Clarke Society was founded in 2000 as a non-profit organization incorporated in Massachusetts. We are federally recognized with 501(C) 3 status, and all donations are fully tax deductible. Our mission is to honor the life and work of composer and violist Rebecca Clarke (1886-1979) by promoting interest in her and her music. We encourage and support performances and recordings of her music, publication of her music and writings, and scholarship concerning Clarke and her music.Our goals are:
- to support concerts of Clarke’s music
- to underwrite the publication of Clarke’s music; to commission or offer prizes for articles about Clarke and her music
- to commission the orchestration of her works, or of arrangements that offer her music to wider audiences, such as young performers or performers on a range of instruments
- to support new recordings of her music, and work to keep recordings of Clarke in print and available.
- to encourage the preservation of and access to materials pertaining to Clarke, and her music, in safe research facilities maintained by qualified professionals