Association of Teaching Artists
- New York
The Association of Teaching Artists (ATA) is the oldest, independent organization serving Teaching Artists in the country. ATA serves Teaching Artists in New York State and has a national and international following. It is a clearinghouse for information at the intersection of art and education that builds the knowledge base of Teaching Artists; a forum and platform for Teaching Artists; a practitioner led network and community of practice to connect Teaching Artists with each other and the larger arts and education communities.
The Association of Teaching Artists:
- Is a forum and a knowledge commons for the professional practice of Teaching Artists;
- Is a practitioner led network for communication, connection, and the exchange of resources;
- Is a community of practice to support and expand opportunities for the work of Teaching Artists in education and in communities;
- Recognizes and celebrates distinguished achievement by Teaching Artists;
- Advances policies and initiatives that broaden opportunities and recognition for the work of Teaching Artists.