#0125 Av. Abraham Lincoln, Entre Simeon Roncal y Adela Zamudio
Fundación EnseñARTE helps youth who are working and/or living on the streets of Cochabamba, Bolivia. Our mission is to empower street youth by teaching them performing and visual arts as productive skills for avoiding drugs and delinquency while improving the economic well-being of both them and their families. Performing Life also helps youth establish savings accounts and develop small businesses for self-sufficiency.
Fundación EnseñARTE is a legally incorporated foundation in Bolivia, the organization cooperates and works closely with its US counterpart, Performing Life, Inc.
Performing Life is a nonprofit organization incorporated in the state of New Mexico, USA to work with street youth in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Programs and activities empower youth by teaching them performing and visual arts. John Connell founded the organization in 2005 when he was 18 years old. In 2012, Fundación EnseñARTE was founded, which now serves as Performing Life's Bolivian counterpart.
General Goals and Objectives of Fundación EnseñARTE and Performing Life:
- Reduce the number of children and adolescents who are working and/or living on the streets.
- Improve the self esteem of the participants.
- Help child and adolescent participants improve their artistic abilities.
- Help to improve the quality of living of the participants.
- Help child and adolescent workers find a better way to help themselves and their families in a way that reduces their workload and helps them use that time to dedicate to personal growth and attending school.
- Support child and adolescent drug users in escaping this addiction and replacing it with healthy forms of education and entertainment.
- Offer artistic alternatives that serve as therapy to help them improve their lives.
- Help participants to build their own future in order to benefit themselves, their families, and society.
- Work with homeless shelters to incorporate homeless children into our programs.
- Help each participant generate money through our projects in order to invest in small businesses and enable them to improve their quality of life.
- Have a network of volunteers to expand the reach of Performing Life and help more children.
- Going into businesses that can help improve the economic situation of the participants.
- Train participants in the management of small businesses through workshops.
- Help participants plan investment projects.
- Help participants initiate and develop investments in a professional manner.