The EngageWell IPA is a start-up organization formed by 20 not-for-profit human services agencies in New York City. EngageWell has a multi-year grant from New York State (NYS) to develop the infrastructure necessary to offer value-based, clinically integrated services to Medicaid Managed Care (MMC) enrollees. In the next few years, the small EngageWell leadership team will be responsible for “standing up” a 21st Century healthcare organization dedicated to improving the quality of care for low-income New Yorkers with serious behavioral health disorders.
The EngageWell IPA network of community-based organizations promotes access to life saving services, increases engagement and retention in care, and advances the dignity and wellbeing of marginalized populations across NYC. Our IPA member agencies have a long history of addressing the social determinants of health (SDH) of individuals with complex medical, behavioral and long-term care needs that drive a high volume of high cost healthcare interventions. Member agencies provide the following services to address the medical, behavioral health and SDH for these complex populations:
• Care Management / Care Coordination
• Behavioral Health: Mental Health & Substance Use Counseling, Syringe Exchange, Opioid Treatment, Overdose Prevention
• Prevention Services: Food / Nutrition, Education, Wellness, Peer Support, HIV Prevention, Harm Reduction
• Other SDH: Housing, Pre-vocational services, Supported Employment, Employment / Vocational Services, Legal Services
• Medical: Primary Care, Dental Care, Pharmacy, HIV Services
The EngageWell IPA is a start-up organization formed by 20 not-for-profit human services agencies in New York City. EngageWell has a multi-year grant from New York State (NYS) to develop the infrastructure necessary to offer value-based…