People Serving Girls At Risk
P.O. Box 1841
People Serving Girls At Risk (PSGR) is a registered organization incorporated under the Trustees Incorporation Act of Malawi as a human rights non-governmental organization registered in 2004. It is a member of the Malawi NGO Gender Coordination Network (NGOGCN) and currently its Executive Director is the Chairperson of the Permanent Committee of the NGOGCN.
PSGR was established in line with the Convention on the Rights of Child (CRC), particularly Article 35 which talks about abduction, Articles 34 & 36 which obliges States to “protect children from sexual exploitation”, Article 37 and 39 which talks about protecting children from torture, inhuman or degrading treatment, and provision of rehabilitative care to victims of any kind of violence, exploitation and abuse.
Mission - Its mission is to fight against the exploitation of children like trafficking, labour and commercial sexual exploitation through rehabilitation, reintegration and educating children and their communities to remain vigilant against such practices.
Vision - A nation in which children live a dignified life free of exploitation, abuse, violence, labor and can no longer be victims of trafficking
Programs - Education and training; counseling and rehabilitation; provision of free legal services to survivors of sexual abuse; research and documentation
Specific objectives of existence
- To raise awareness about commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), child labour and child trafficking;
- To rehabilitate and reintegrate child victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking;
- To develop and undertake programs that respond to crosscutting issues like HIV/AIDS, water & sanitation, and natural disasters aimed to protect rights of young people;
- To enhance social protection to vulnerable children and youths who are in various risky situations and protect their rights;
- To research and provide gender desegregated data on cases of sexual violence against girls;
Do you work for People Serving Girls At Risk? Become an administrator