Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance
Our mission is to reduce food insecurity in Arkansas through direct hunger relief, education and advocacy. We are accomplishing our goal by:
- Building reliable, sustainable sources of nutritious food for the hungry in Arkansas.
- Securing food and funding to assist our members in meeting the needs of people in their service areas.
- Making sure that those Arkansans who qualify for food assistance programs are enrolled and receiving the benefits these programs provide.
- Promoting nutrition education programs that offer low-income Arkansans the skills they need to make healthy food choices, prepare nutritious meals and get more from their food dollars.
- Raising awareness of the economic, academic and social impact hunger has on our state.
- Advocating on policy issues contributing to and resulting from hunger.