Magis Middle School Enrichment Program
- Four academic classes each day in SI's state-of-the-art classroom facilities and science labs.
- Afternoon electives include: San Francisco Landmarks, Chess Club, Arts & Crafts, Digital Photography, Dance, Computer Animation, Violin, and Cooking.
- Field trips around the Bay Area, such as: Six Flags Marine World, the Marin Headlands, Ft. Miley Ropes Course, and Alcatraz National Park.
- Exceptional faculty composed of experienced Master Teachers, College Teaching Fellows, and High School Teaching Assistants.
- Small class size allows for individual attention and dynamic class interaction.
Academic Year Highlights
- Monthly Saturday Winter-Phase meetings
- After School Homework Centers and Tutoring offered on a weekly basis
High School Preparation
- Information and counseling throughout the high school admissions process
- Exclusive preparation class for Catholic high school entrance exam (HSPT) offered to 8th grade students
- Assistance with high school applications for admission and financial aid
Admission to Magis can be competitive. While we receive applications from many qualified students, we are not able to accept all students who are interested in Magis. Through our admissions process, we hope to accept students who:
- are motivated to succeed in school and life;
- show openness towards learning new things, embracing new experiences, meeting new people, and making positive contributions to the Magis community;
- are committed to academics as demonstrated through their achievement at their current schools;
- receive a positive recommendation from their current teacher or principal;
- are among the first members of their family to attend college; and
- commit to attend all Magis activities until the student enters high school.